DAVID J. KUCHAR, DPM, FACFAS
Physician and Surgeon of the Foot & Ankle
Board Certified in Foot Surgery
253 S. Washington Ave.
Bergenfield, NJ 07621
NEW YORK COLLEGE OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE, New York. NY (9/94-6/98)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
NEW YORK METHODIST HOSPITAL, Brooklyn, NY (7/98-7/01)
Chief Resident (7/1999-6/2000) and (7/2000-712001)
NORTH GENERAL HOSPITAL, New York, NY (6/2000-7/2000)
Franciscan Heath Systems: St. Mary's Hospital. Hoboken, NJ (1998)
St. Michael's Hospital, Newark, NI (1998)
Union Hospital, Union, NJ (1998)
St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY (1998)
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY, South Orange, NJ
- B.S, in Biology - May 1990
- Three year Podiatric Surgical Residency Program: RPR-PSR 24.
- Extensive training in Diabetic Foot Care and Limb Salvage Techniques.
- Extensive training in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Extensive training in Foot and Ankle Trauma.
- Comprehensive training in all aspects of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery.
- Surgical Rotations: Vascular, General, Plastic, Orthopedics, and Anesthesia.
- Medical Rotations: Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Endocrine, Emergency
- Medicine, Trauma, Pediatric Neurology, Neurology, Rheumatology Dermatology, Pathology, Radiology, and Pain Management.
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Basic Cardiac Life Support by the American Heart Association (1998-Present)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support by the American Heart Association (1998-Present)
- Faculty, New York Methodist Hospital Podiatric Surgical Program
- Medical Volunteer, New York City Marathon (1999, 1996)
- Medical Captain, 8 Mile, New York City Marathon (1999)
- Member, S. Ozone Park Lion’s Medical Society (1998-Present)
- Medical Volunteer, S. Ozone Park Lion's Medical Society (1998-Present)
- Dep't Representative. Library Committee, New York Methodist Hospital (1998-2001)
- Medical Volunteer, Advil Mini Marathon (1996)
- Editor, NYCPM Podiatric Medical Review Journal (9/96-6/98)
- Member, NYCPM Educational Committee (6/95-6/98)
- Coordinator of Senior Surgery Rotations (7/97-9/97)
- Member of various clubs at NYCPM, including: Surgery, Dermatology, and Sports Medicine (6/95-6/98)
PODIATRY INSTITUTE, Tucker, GA
- Post-Graduate Advanced Surgery Course - August 2000
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF FOOT AND ANKLE SURGERY, Chicago, IL
- Rearfoot Surgery Course. Perspectives and Skills Building - October 2000
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association (7/98-Present)
- Member, New York State Podiatric Medical Association (6/98-Present)
- Member, New Jersey State Podiatric Medical Association (6/01-Present)
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (7/98-Present)
- Member, Fraternal Organization of Podiatrists Association (9/94-Present)
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Best Teacher Award 2003, NY Methodist Hospital
- Chief Resident, New York Methodist Hospital Podiatric Residency Program,1999-2000, and 2000-2001
- Best Resident Award 2000, The Physicians Alumni Association of the Methodist Hospital
- Certificate of Merit for original scientific paper 2000, The Physicians Alumni Association of the Methodist Hospital
- "The Classification and Non-Operative Management of Ankle Fractures"
Published in Podiatric Medical Review- Fall/Winter 1997
- "Bilateral Forefoot Gangrene Secondary to Lemierre's Disease"
Published in JAPMA - 3/2001
MANUSCRIPTS IN PREPARATION:
- "Fractures of the Distal Shaft of the Fifth Metatarsal: A New Classification"
- "Residual Dropfoot Secondary to Trauma: A Case Report"
- Sports: Golf, Racquet Ball, Fitness, Cycling, Baseball. Football
- Computers, Investment Analysis, Performing Arts
- Holy Name Hospital: Teaneck, NJ
- New York Methodist Hospital: Brooklyn, NY
- Affiliated With The Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Member, NY - Presbyterian Healthcare System